I know the tendency of a lot of people is to love spring. Everything is new, flowers are blooming, leaves budding, a freshness in the air. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?? Well for me it reminds me of a few things…
- my yard soon will need to be mowed
- the humidity is about to skyrocket (I live in Texas, if you’re from here, you know what I mean)
- Spring means an upward elevation of heat… yes, that means hot Texas summers!
- Did I mention the heat?
As you can gather, I’m not a big fan of the heat! I love the fall. Honestly. I know everything is dying (grass, leaves, etc) but there’s something beautiful to me about the transition from summer to winter (not that we really have winter here). Here are some great things about the fall that I just love:
- the temperature starts to drop. There is a beautiful briskness to the morning air. Yes, it’s still hitting the 80’s in October, but in the mornings it’s in the 50’s and that’s a great thing
- leaves on the trees start to change color and it makes a wonderful, natural collage. Great job, God, on a design well-done!
- we start heading towards the holidays, the time of year when families reconnect and have some great food! (just a perk)
- the heat and general “baking” feeling starts to subside
- I don’t have to run the a/c at home near as much
- I get more focused generally this time of year and start making progress in my life in some great ways.
- It’s a great time to reflect on life and celebrate the goodness of God
- it’s just a great time of year