a few months ago on here I mentioned I was going to start a new workout (new as in actually start working out). But that petered out quick. Things at the church were 90-nothing (always are, that’s a good thing) and I was taking 6 hours of graduate coursework.
Category Archives: fitness
I was sitting in a creative planning time today with some fellow staff folks and my assistant Casey took this photo… I thought it was kinda interesting. Here are her observations:
- I have my new glasses on
- I look deep in thought
- I’m using a Mac notebook
- I’m sitting on a leather couch
- I’m healthy because I’m drinking water (see comment on fatness below)
- Finally, the Lord is watching over me (that painting was painted during our Easter service, btw… a very artistic gal in our church painted them while Dennis spoke… I have one in my office too)
- I like the color on the wall (maybe because my wall is that same color)
- I really like those shoes I’m wearing but I saw a pair on one of our guitar players Sunday that I totally want
- I hate this shirt but all of my fav shirts are at the cleaner’s
- Last one reminded me to go pick up clothes at the cleaners
- there is a crease in my shirt between that area of the body known as the pecs and the belly
- this is due to the belly protruding a distance less than desirable
- I saw pics of myself 10 years ago and that was not the case
- I’m going to sign up for the gym today after work… hope I get some encouragement to de-fat myself (like Perry Noble talks about here and here…)
- I wish I had a leather couch like that in my office…
The last week I’ve done terrible getting to the gym and working out. I’m sure you wanted to know that! Maybe next week…
Day five is here and I’m doing well. Last night I ran the fam through the drivethrough of the exquisite gourmet known as McDonald’s, and exercised great restraint. I bought them food, then went to Albertson’s to buy some supplies for my own dinner. I have a little list I’m keeping when I have cravings, with the idea that on my cheat day I’ll pick something on that list.
Here is a typical day’s diet:
7 or 8 A.M.= Protein or Meal Replacement Shake (OR) 2-egg omelete with canadian bacon and fat-free cheese (tip: you can buy Green or Red Bell peppers and include in this for a delicious, well-balanced breakfast)
10:00 A.M.= Protein Shake
12:15 P.M.= Protein Shake
3:15 P.M.= Protein Shake
5:30/6:00 P.M.= Boneless,skinless chicken breast, brown rice, and veggies (those Steamables you can buy now are awesome, 5 minutes in the microwave and they come out tasting like fresh steamed veggies!)
8:15 P.M.= Protein Shake
I’m trying not to eat later than 8:15 each evening, and make my last meal of the day protein-heavy and little carbs.
My biggest downfall this week is gym time. I spent one evening in the gym, and one evening doing situps here at the house. Starting Monday I”ll hit the gym pretty hard 3-5x this week. More on what I plan to do there later.